Lostdvdseasons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I came late to The Sopranos.

Go down

I came late to The Sopranos. Empty I came late to The Sopranos.

Post  Joycechen Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:16 am

"""I came late to The Sopranos, never watched the series on HBO, dipped into a few of the first episodes last year, but initially wasn't very taken with them. Then in the UK last summer I mentioned watching The Sopranos to some friends and they told me to try again, that the series was an enjoyable, layered and serious appraisal of the society we find ourselves in - or rather, the one we've made for ourselves - a frank assessment of the moral dilemma we've created.
Once back in this country, I started to watch seriously, working my way with growing eagerness through five of the seasons until a friend's birthday loomed and I decided to share the pleasure with him (I had watched a few episodes with him and he was similarly enthralled) and decided to fork over the money to buy the complete series - two of them, one for him and one for me. I haven't been this absorbed in something so engaging and thought-provoking that was made for television for decades.

It's gruesome and violent in places, and for those who have trouble with bad language this ain't going to be to your taste, but the cast of characters, their relationships with each other, and the situations they find themselves in really ensnare you, and there's loads of humor. As the series progresses and the pressures start to tell on Tony Soprano and the rest, it feels unrelenting in its lack of goodwill toward men but it is never boring or unrewarding. This is the best thing since color television."""
-----------------
stardvdcity
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
Monk DVD 1-8
Queer As Folk DVD 1-5
Law and Order DVD 1-10
Two and a Half Men DVD 1-7
One Tree Hill DVD 1-7
Doctor Who DVD 1-5
Bones DVD 1-5
Desperate Housewives DVD 1-6
The Big Bang Theory DVD 1-3